A few years ago the federal Labor government of Australia agreed to commit $8 million dollars to a ‘Safe Schools’ program aimed at preventing bullying in schools. Now bullying in schools is something we all detest because God commands us to love God and our neighbour. But this program promotes wickedness. It has been hijacked by the homosexual lobby and is a satanic attempt aimed at destroying the Biblical norms of male-female relations and replacing them with a Sodom and Gomorrah-like culture.
God “created them male and female” (Gen. 5:2 & Mt. 19:4) but the ‘Safe Schools’ program works to erase the age-old cultural distinction between males and females. It argues that it’s not about how you are physically but about “how you feel inside” and how you may “change over time”. Indeed, it fosters the idea that you do not even need to feel that you are male or female; you may be moving “somewhere between”, which the program calls “gender fluidity”.
So far 486 schools have adopted the program. While all other schools are presently not compelled to implement it, the Victorian government already seeks to make it mandatory for all Victorian state high schools by 2018. With most politicians wanting to be seen as ‘politically correct’ we can expect that, unless there is a large backlash by society, other states will follow. Pressure is then likely to be placed on independent schools, including Christian schools, to conform. That pressure may at first simply be subtle, like the present pressures to abolish corporal punishment or appoint an equal number of female and male principals.
The ‘Safe Schools’ program promotes the homosexual agenda by suggesting:
- classes should not be divided into boy-girl groups far any activities;
- teachers avoid phrases like “boys and girls”, “ladies and gentlemen”;
- if a boy feels like being a girl, other students should refer to him as ‘she’ or use ‘gender-neutral’ plural pronouns such as ‘they’ (even if it’s one person) or ‘se’.
- students who feel like being of the opposite sex should be permitted into the bathrooms, toilets, change facilities, etc., of members of the opposite sex;
- girls could be taught about chest binding so that they would not reveal that they were girls, and boys should be taught about tucking in their private parts so that they would be less conspicuously boys;
- students engage in activities in which they pretend to be sexually attracted to members of the same sex; for example, they are to imagine they are 16 with half the class pretending to go out with someone of the opposite sex while the other half pretend they are going out with someone of the same sex;
- students answer a variety of personal questions, including whether they could “easily talk to your parents about your sexuality”;
- students should be able to name four famous homosexual Australians;
- teachers show students short films about the personal stories of young LGBTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex) people.
- teachers arrange activities whereby any student not reflecting sympathy for LGBTI is exposed and embarrassed in front of the class;
- teachers make use range of resources on the Safe Schools website which promote gender diversity, intersex, bisexual and homosexual lifestyles.
Some ‘conservative’ parliamentarians have rightly criticised this ideologically driven program but, as could be expected in this day and age, they were immediately branded as homophobic and failing to prevent the “bullying of same-sex attracted and transgender kids” (The Australian, 25/2/2016).
Paul Kelly (The Australian, 12/3/2016) writes,
“This is a highly political exercise. The progressive political class is aggressive in its promotion and defence of this agenda, moralistic about the program’s intrinsic value and, perhaps most remarkably, contemptuous in dismissing the critics of this program — parents and politicians — by branding them as homophobic and extremists.”
He says further,
“It is hard not to conclude there is a sinister aspect to the program. To prevent bullying of LGBTI students the entire view of gender is being transformed in the school. The deliberate purpose is to weaken or break down or question the settled view of gender that many young people and students possess.”
There was a time when our society knew there was such thing as sin, which needed to be avoided. It was what people knew God had forbidden in the Bible. But things which were once considered reprehensible are now promoted. The focus is on ‘freedom’, ‘equality’, ‘rights’, ‘choice’, etc. Freedom to engage in unnatural sexual behaviour, equality of males and females in the pulpit, a woman’s right to choose whether to allow the baby she is carrying to be born or be murdered in the womb. But it is all in the selfish service of the lie, in slavery to sin and Satan. It’s about redefining biblically-based truth and smothering all criticism so that people can live unnatural lives (Romans 1). Thinking to be enlightened, people move further into the darkness – victims of their own unbelief and revolution, resisting the Truth which alone can set them free (John 8:32).
The ‘Safe Schools’ program is currently being reviewed by the government. Let us implore God to guide the governments and to give us parliamentarians who honour Him; leaders who boldly uphold the truth and expose the lie, so “that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth” (1 Tim. 2).